Writing up my MR… — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Writing up my MR…

idontlikeliving
idontlikeliving Member Posts: 119 Courageous
I’m on page, 18. That’s writing on the back and front. I feel like I’m rambling on. Dwp will look at this and sigh. 

I feel like I’m writing pointless stuff. It’s worrying me 🥺

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,285 Disability Gamechanger
    When writing anything like this the key is to keep it brief and to the point, the DWP don't have time to read a small novel.

What you need to get across is where (assuming its PIP) you didn't score points and why you think you should have, giving some real life examples of when you tried to do X what happened when you tried.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • idontlikeliving
    They should have given more time on the phone then instead of interrupting me and not being able to get my point across. 
  • idontlikeliving
    That’s what’s making it long. Is the real life examples. Got told to do 2 per descriptor. So I am. Just it’s so long. Nothing I can do about that. 
  • woodbine
    That’s what’s making it long. Is the real life examples. Got told to do 2 per descriptor. So I am. Just it’s so long. Nothing I can do about that. 
    my mistake I assumed you were seeking advice  B)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,779 Disability Gamechanger

Yes 2 per descriptor that applies but you should aim for one A4 side per descriptor. Less is often more.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,474 Disability Gamechanger
    As it’s an MR you can literally write that you didn’t like the weight of the paper and they’ll look at the decision again. 

I hear what you’re saying about time with the HCP but it’s important to remember that bulk of the information you’re putting in now should have been in your PIP 2 and the HCP simply doesn’t have time to hear a speech.
  • Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi @idontlikeliving I  assume you are writing on separate sheets of paper all your reasons. After you have written them could you go back and read what you have written and cross some of it out. Then rewrite. Remember to put your name and National Insurance Number on the top of each sheet.  Good luck.
  • woodbine
    ...and keep a copy
  • idontlikeliving
    @woodbine do I send it to this address? Thankyou. 
  • idontlikeliving
    I did upload a photo 👀🤣 the address is 

personal independent payment 3
    mail handling site A 
    wolverhampton 
    WV98 1AD 

xx
  • idontlikeliving
    Also seeing on another thread people are telling this person to send it recorded delivery? Do I do that? I’m sure someone said yesterday not to bother. 

Or do I just need a proof of sending? Thanks 
  • woodbine
    Proof of postage is all you need and thats free, recorded delivery is a waste of money when it come to the DWP.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,955

Scope community team

Also seeing on another thread people are telling this person to send it recorded delivery? Do I do that? I’m sure someone said yesterday not to bother. 

Or do I just need a proof of sending? Thanks 
    There isn't a necessity to send it recorded delivery, and I'm aware that quite a few people on the community will say you shouldn't bother, however of course it's up to you. Getting proof of sending is a good idea :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • idontlikeliving
    @woodbine @Ross_Scope cool. I will do that. Thankyou so much for helping me everyone. I really appreciate it. One less stressful thing I’ve got to do. 😫 Thankyou again xxxxxxxx
  • idontlikeliving
    Great people on here. Don’t know what I’d have done without you all xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.