Writing up my MR… — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Writing up my MR…

idontlikeliving
idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
I’m on page, 18. That’s writing on the back and front. I feel like I’m rambling on. Dwp will look at this and sigh. 

I feel like I’m writing pointless stuff. It’s worrying me ?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    When writing anything like this the key is to keep it brief and to the point, the DWP don't have time to read a small novel.

What you need to get across is where (assuming its PIP) you didn't score points and why you think you should have, giving some real life examples of when you tried to do X what happened when you tried.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• idontlikeliving
    They should have given more time on the phone then instead of interrupting me and not being able to get my point across. 
  • idontlikeliving
    That’s what’s making it long. Is the real life examples. Got told to do 2 per descriptor. So I am. Just it’s so long. Nothing I can do about that. 
  • woodbine
    That’s what’s making it long. Is the real life examples. Got told to do 2 per descriptor. So I am. Just it’s so long. Nothing I can do about that. 
    my mistake I assumed you were seeking advice  B)

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger

Yes 2 per descriptor that applies but you should aim for one A4 side per descriptor. Less is often more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    ...and keep a copy

• idontlikeliving
    @woodbine do I send it to this address? Thankyou. 
  • idontlikeliving
    I did upload a photo ?? the address is 

personal independent payment 3
    mail handling site A 
    wolverhampton 
    WV98 1AD 

xx
  • idontlikeliving
    Also seeing on another thread people are telling this person to send it recorded delivery? Do I do that? I’m sure someone said yesterday not to bother. 

Or do I just need a proof of sending? Thanks 
  • woodbine
    Proof of postage is all you need and thats free, recorded delivery is a waste of money when it come to the DWP.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Also seeing on another thread people are telling this person to send it recorded delivery? Do I do that? I’m sure someone said yesterday not to bother. 

Or do I just need a proof of sending? Thanks 
    There isn't a necessity to send it recorded delivery, and I'm aware that quite a few people on the community will say you shouldn't bother, however of course it's up to you. Getting proof of sending is a good idea :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • idontlikeliving
    @woodbine @Ross_Scope cool. I will do that. Thankyou so much for helping me everyone. I really appreciate it. One less stressful thing I’ve got to do. ? Thankyou again xxxxxxxx
  • idontlikeliving
    Great people on here. Don’t know what I’d have done without you all xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.