Hi, my name is jazzysusan! I'd like to chat with people who can understand the pain I'm in — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jazzysusan! I'd like to chat with people who can understand the pain I'm in

Options
jazzysusan
jazzysusan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’m just hoping to find a few other people who understand what pain I’m going through. I’m pretty sure I’m in the advanced stages of this because even walking a few steps in my zimmer, I have to sit down. And then for the next hour or more, I get what I call pain bombs. Shooting pain off the scale down my legs. I just sit and cry. So I am using a wheelchair more and more. I take all kind of pain meds which barely touch the pain. Getting out of bed at night, we’ll it is impossible to describe that level of pain. Yeah, I would love to chat with a few people that can understand. ?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jazzysusan - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I'm so sorry to read what you're living with. I have chronic daily pain, but what you're experiencing sounds so very much worse. Do you consider that using your wheelchair more may actually help? It may lessen your pain, & altho I'm sure using it more may seem difficult just now, it may actually give you that bit more independence.
    Have you discussed your pain further with your GP? There are often different pain meds to try. They could perhaps look into your situation more.....you don't mention your condition, nor do you have to unless you feel comfortable with this, but, depending what it is, perhaps physiotherapy may help, or a referral to a pain clinic.
    Another thought is, have you had a needs assessment? An Occupational Therapist would visit to see what additional help there might be available for you. You can self refer yourself for this. Please see: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/
    Anyway, thank you for joining us all, & there's usually someone here to chat to. Please let us know how you get on. :)

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @jazzysusan :) I love your username! 

I'm also sorry to hear about the pain you're in, and that this is really affecting your life. I'd second the advice chiarieds has given above, in terms of speaking to your GP about your options, and getting a needs assessment from your council to find out whether there's any support you can access. This is also something we can get started for you, if that would be easier for you :)

I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to dealing with chronic pain, which I'd definitely encourage you to take a look through. We have many members who live with chronic pain, so you're certainly not alone.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.