Recived my first statement for LCWRA, but I'm not seeing any back payment. Was this an error? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Recived my first statement for LCWRA, but I'm not seeing any back payment. Was this an error?

TotalTarky
TotalTarky Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 8 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, 

For some background information, I applied for UC and declared a health condition in December 2020 and have been sending sick notes every month since that date. I recieved and sent the health assessment in Feburary, and in September I was awarded LCWRA, so based on the 3 month period I should be entitled to money starting from April (correct me if i'm wrong)

On my statement the assessment period is listed as 8 September to 7 October 2021 with a payment of £600

Is there a different process for backpayment? Or do I need to contact them? 

There was a period where my work coach forgot to approve three months worth of sick notes (I submitted them on my end, she just needed to approve them). WIll that have caused an issue? 

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 2,997 Disability Gamechanger
    LCWRA element payable from April is correct.
    Any back payment will come separately from your normal payment and may take longer to process. DWP have to recalculate your entitlement for each of the past months, compare it with what you got and then work out the difference.
    The old statements in your journal will be overwritten with new statements so if you want a record of the previous statements you should make copies now.
    I would give it a bit longer and then chase it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.