Recived my first statement for LCWRA, but I'm not seeing any back payment. Was this an error? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recived my first statement for LCWRA, but I'm not seeing any back payment. Was this an error?

Options
TotalTarky
TotalTarky Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, 

For some background information, I applied for UC and declared a health condition in December 2020 and have been sending sick notes every month since that date. I recieved and sent the health assessment in Feburary, and in September I was awarded LCWRA, so based on the 3 month period I should be entitled to money starting from April (correct me if i'm wrong)

On my statement the assessment period is listed as 8 September to 7 October 2021 with a payment of £600

Is there a different process for backpayment? Or do I need to contact them? 

There was a period where my work coach forgot to approve three months worth of sick notes (I submitted them on my end, she just needed to approve them). WIll that have caused an issue? 

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA element payable from April is correct.
    Any back payment will come separately from your normal payment and may take longer to process. DWP have to recalculate your entitlement for each of the past months, compare it with what you got and then work out the difference.
    The old statements in your journal will be overwritten with new statements so if you want a record of the previous statements you should make copies now.
    I would give it a bit longer and then chase it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.