Carol Vorderman's son has achieved a Master's degree, despite being told he was 'unteachable' — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carol Vorderman's son has achieved a Master's degree, despite being told he was 'unteachable'

Options
Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2021 in Education
I thought this was fantastic gives people hope 

Comments

• PENNYB_1971
    PENNYB_1971 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    That's awesome how great an achievement 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes I was reading about that the other day, well done to him. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think it gives people hope because disabled people have people saying to them you can't do that because you have a disability I was 18 when I was told I had lupus back then they said I would die young wouldn't have children and wouldn't live a normal life 

I am now 58 I had 10 children I have three law degrees a social work degree always worked unless at times I couldn't because sometimes my lupus does attack me with a vengeance when it has a mind to 

I am still working now only part time and studying g psychology  with counselling  and I look after my mum with dementia and still fo my advocacy  work but only covering now 

Disability doesn't stop you liveing or haveing a life depending on your disability that is 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey all, 

What an inspiring thread. Thanks all for sharing screenshots/links/personal stories. They were all a great read. I know the feeling.  I have autism, several chronic health conditions and I am registered as having a learning disability on the NHS register but I will be graduating from my undergraduate course this week and I am halfway through my Masters. I truly believe with encouragement, the right support and determination, anyone can achieve anything! Keep aiming high  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • LukeChester
    LukeChester Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Nice to know it. There are a lot of students with dyslexia and other learning disorders, but I always believe that everyone has opportunities to learn with the right approach. Fortunately, many educators discuss the teaching methods for special education now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.