Carol Vorderman's son has achieved a Master's degree, despite being told he was 'unteachable' — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carol Vorderman's son has achieved a Master's degree, despite being told he was 'unteachable'

Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2021 in Education
I thought this was fantastic gives people hope 

Comments

• PENNYB_1971
    PENNYB_1971 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    That's awesome how great an achievement 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,775 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes I was reading about that the other day, well done to him. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it gives people hope because disabled people have people saying to them you can't do that because you have a disability I was 18 when I was told I had lupus back then they said I would die young wouldn't have children and wouldn't live a normal life 

I am now 58 I had 10 children I have three law degrees a social work degree always worked unless at times I couldn't because sometimes my lupus does attack me with a vengeance when it has a mind to 

I am still working now only part time and studying g psychology  with counselling  and I look after my mum with dementia and still fo my advocacy  work but only covering now 

Disability doesn't stop you liveing or haveing a life depending on your disability that is 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey all, 

What an inspiring thread. Thanks all for sharing screenshots/links/personal stories. They were all a great read. I know the feeling.  I have autism, several chronic health conditions and I am registered as having a learning disability on the NHS register but I will be graduating from my undergraduate course this week and I am halfway through my Masters. I truly believe with encouragement, the right support and determination, anyone can achieve anything! Keep aiming high  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • LukeChester
    LukeChester Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Nice to know it. There are a lot of students with dyslexia and other learning disorders, but I always believe that everyone has opportunities to learn with the right approach. Fortunately, many educators discuss the teaching methods for special education now.

Brightness