Does anyone know how to apply for a blue badge? I've been awarded LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone know how to apply for a blue badge? I've been awarded LCWRA

Shazzron
Shazzron Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited October 2021 in Transport and travel
hi 
does anyone know how to apply for a blue badge I have been awarded lcwra and was wondering if I will get one if I applied 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Shazzron

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, blue badges are not my area of expertise and I am hoping someone with more knowledge in this area can respond to you soon with appropriate guidance. However, in the meantime, I wanted to signpost you to the Government's website which outlines eligibility criteria for blue badges because it is more comprehensive than I ever could be! If you are interested, you can find it at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/blue-badge-can-i-get-one. I hope this helps but as always, if you have any more questions or need any further support, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I don’t believe LCWRA entities you automatically, I think each council deal with blue badges differently. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Blue badge criteria is decided by local councils.  LWCRA isn't relevant but if you get high rate PIP mobility on moving around then you'll generally be automatically entitled to the blue badge.  If not, you can still apply for a badge, stating your difficulties and why the badge would help.  You can apply for the badge online easily enough.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You can apply usually on your council website or on gov website 

However lcwra has nothing to do with blue badge.  Lcwra is a work capability assessment and j6st means you have been found unfit for work..
    Pip enhanced mobility for moving around is the normal requirement but check your local council criteria 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Check the criteria of your local Authority here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge If you claim the mobility part of PIP and scored at least 8 points (standard rate) in the "moving around" part then you will automatically qualify.
    High rate mobility DLA also automatically qualifies you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.