do you have down days with your disability? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

do you have down days with your disability?

Options
2»

Comments

• strawberrysherbet11
    strawberrysherbet11 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    yes
    I definitely have down days, both mentally and physically. Especially in a pain flare or where I don’t have a lot of energy, I just get so fed up. The past few days I’ve been struggling a bit mentally, so just been in bed watching TV mostly. I just always try to take it easy when I’m like this :) 
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    Options
    yes
    I definitely have down days, both mentally and physically. Especially in a pain flare or where I don’t have a lot of energy, I just get so fed up. The past few days I’ve been struggling a bit mentally, so just been in bed watching TV mostly. I just always try to take it easy when I’m like this :) 
    im in bed but down today :) you okay?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • strawberrysherbet11
    strawberrysherbet11 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    yes
    @ellieflower3 I’m struggling a little bit but not too bad at the moment, thank you. How about you? :)
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    @ellieflower3 I’m struggling a little bit but not too bad at the moment, thank you. How about you? :)
    not great :( glad your okay
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ballkeeper
    ballkeeper Community member Posts: 80 Pioneering
    Options
    not just days but weeks then a day when not so bad
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    yeah i agree
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    u ok
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ballkeeper
    ballkeeper Community member Posts: 80 Pioneering
    Options
    yup today a good day ,find listening to music.
    thank you for asking,
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    thank you for asking,
    gd gd
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    thank you for asking,
     :'(<3  
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Glen1981
    Glen1981 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    yes
    Today has been one, but it’s more an exhaustion day, I already sleep 10-12 hours a day or can’t function properly, last night and today I’ve slept about 18 hours of broken sleep, except to nibble and top up my hot water bottles.

But I prefer to call it a recharge day not a down day. I haven’t been able to even read or enjoy music or watch tv, just want to sleep and be numb. If I feel it’s a negative day then I get in a trap of anxiety and depression rather than giving myself permission to have rest days when I need them. 
  • nannymaroon
    nannymaroon Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    yes
    I do have down days esp when I am in pain. Mostly my down days are caused by having to deal with other people and their behaviour.
    I can cope with isolation and having a chronic illness. But other people's behavior still can upset me.

I can avoid other people but not my pain so I have to to ration my energy if I have appointments or things I have to do. It's very frustrating and like many of us, I have to monitor my mood myself to stop from slipping into depression because of being exhausted and in pain.
    It's easier to be nice🙂
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    Today has been one, but it’s more an exhaustion day, I already sleep 10-12 hours a day or can’t function properly, last night and today I’ve slept about 18 hours of broken sleep, except to nibble and top up my hot water bottles.

But I prefer to call it a recharge day not a down day. I haven’t been able to even read or enjoy music or watch tv, just want to sleep and be numb. If I feel it’s a negative day then I get in a trap of anxiety and depression rather than giving myself permission to have rest days when I need them. 
    oh so sorry. hugs
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    I do have down days esp when I am in pain. Mostly my down days are caused by having to deal with other people and their behaviour.
    I can cope with isolation and having a chronic illness. But other people's behavior still can upset me.

I can avoid other people but not my pain so I have to to ration my energy if I have appointments or things I have to do. It's very frustrating and like many of us, I have to monitor my mood myself to stop from slipping into depression because of being exhausted and in pain.
    i feel like that today. feel like i cant move a muscle i feel weak
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • natz2009
    natz2009 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Options
    yes
    Yes certainly one of those days today i dont have any social life anymore had 2 friends but got ditched not long after i was dignoised with fibromyalgia now only person that visits is my dad and my ex partner to see the kids also have mental health issues and yeah 90% of the time it gets me down i dont really know anyone where i live so its isolation all the time wouldnt matter about a pandemic hope everyone is doing ok x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @natz2009. I hope that the community can be a good source of support for you, and keep you company if you feel a bit lonely :) 

Have you considered joining any social groups in your area?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    hey, I do! natz2009 said:
    Yes certainly one of those days today i dont have any social life anymore had 2 friends but got ditched not long after i was dignoised with fibromyalgia now only person that visits is my dad and my ex partner to see the kids also have mental health issues and yeah 90% of the time it gets me down i dont really know anyone where i live so its isolation all the time wouldnt matter about a pandemic hope everyone is doing ok x
    hello, how are you?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Glen1981
    Glen1981 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    yes
    I think anxiety and depression go hand in hand with disabilities. I also get tired really easy (worse the last few years) and that gets me down. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,864 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    yes
    great thread, i sometimes have bad days, i've finally been diagnosed with non epileptic attack disorder, after years thinking i was epileptic, sounds fake to me but feels very real, at least i know for sure, anyway i hope everyone here has better days stay strong folks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.