do you have down days with your disability? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

do you have down days with your disability?

Options
ellieflower3
ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
no judgement just a question because I do and want to connect with as many as possible to help and get stuck in!
Lilly Josh  <3

do you have down days with your disability? 13 votes

yes
92%
aboorawoodbinelittleacornGrinchynatz2009nannymaroon[Deleted User]L_Volunteerstrawberrysherbet11sand74Glen1981ellieflower3 12 votes
no
0%
sometimes
7%
66Mustang 1 vote
depends when I wake up
0%

Comments

• ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    thank you @Ami_Host for voting so lovely <3
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Options
    yes
    Absolutely, I think it's normal to have days where we become so frustrated because of our limitations. It's difficult to manage your feelings about it when you're having a bad day with them, but that's ok :)
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    Ami_Host said:
    Absolutely, I think it's normal to have days where we become so frustrated because of our limitations. It's difficult to manage your feelings about it when you're having a bad day with them, but that's ok :)
    going to like your post as it's bang on correct! I find it hard to connect with others when I feel so yucky but I'm getting there
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    yes
    Hello @ellieflower3

Yes, I certainly think some days are better or worse than other days. How are you currently? It is great to see you getting involved with so much on the forum already  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    Hello @ellieflower3

Yes, I certainly think some days are better or worse than other days. How are you currently? It is great to see you getting involved with so much on the forum already  :D
    I love it! just getting the hang on things :) I'm okay, finished work today as I can't move etc but least I can still feed Teddy. How are you?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    yes
    Hi @ellieflower3

I notice a really important thing about your post! That is you are able to recognise when you are struggling and put support in place for yourself. Well done. I hope you can get the rest you need. I am okay thank you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    Hi @ellieflower3

I notice a really important thing about your post! That is you are able to recognise when you are struggling and put support in place for yourself. Well done. I hope you can get the rest you need. I am okay thank you  :)
    :) Just glad to support others
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    yes
    I can tell that you enjoy supporting others @ellieflower3. It is great, the world always benefits from people helping people. However, please know we are also here for you if you need support :)

• ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    I can tell that you enjoy supporting others @ellieflower3. It is great, the world always benefits from people helping people. However, please know we are also here for you if you need support :)
    your very pretty also btw and thnak you
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    yes
    Thanks @ellieflower3 :)

• ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
     :) 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    just to add hope your having a nice day
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,680 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sometimes
    I don’t have a physical disability but I do have limitations due to my mental health problems. I sometimes feel sad that I can’t do things, more often than not it’s little things that others take for granted rather than the big things. I mean I wanted to be a pilot but have come to terms with the fact that that will not happen, but I’d call that a big thing. It is more the little things like jumping in the car and going to the shops or being able to spend a day alone at home without support that I will never accept that I can’t do. However I try to use this lack of acceptance as fuel to fight the issues and find support and hopefully get better in the future.

I hope this rambling makes sense!
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    66Mustang said:
    I don’t have a physical disability but I do have limitations due to my mental health problems. I sometimes feel sad that I can’t do things, more often than not it’s little things that others take for granted rather than the big things. I mean I wanted to be a pilot but have come to terms with the fact that that will not happen, but I’d call that a big thing. It is more the little things like jumping in the car and going to the shops or being able to spend a day alone at home without support that I will never accept that I can’t do. However I try to use this lack of acceptance as fuel to fight the issues and find support and hopefully get better in the future.

sending you hugs. it's still classed a disability :) but I can't get out of bed due to a broken back so is that a disability?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    sometimes
    66Mustang said:

sending you hugs. it's still classed a disability :) but I can't get out of bed due to a broken back so is that a disability?

I don’t really know the official definition of a disability but I’m quite sure that would count. I’m sorry to hear you are in that situation, though, I’m glad you joined this forum, I think you will find it really helpful and supportive.
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    66Mustang said:
    66Mustang said:

I don’t really know the official definition of a disability but I’m quite sure that would count. I’m sorry to hear you are in that situation, though, I’m glad you joined this forum, I think you will find it really helpful and supportive.
    I made a mental health thread saying why I am here! and, how are you doing today?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    sometimes
    @ellieflower3 I will take a look at that thread

I am not too bad today, thanks, I am meant to be doing some study :D but just taking a short break to come on here for a bit. What about you?
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    66Mustang said:
    @ellieflower3 I will take a look at that thread

I am not too bad today, thanks, I am meant to be doing some study :D but just taking a short break to come on here for a bit. What about you?
    tired chilling with this little dude 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    sometimes
    Nice :) he looks comfortable there hehe
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    yes
    66Mustang said:
    Nice :) he looks comfortable there hehe
    he is on my feet lol
    Lilly Josh  <3

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.