Work Capability Assessment tips and advice? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Work Capability Assessment tips and advice?

strawberrysherbet11
strawberrysherbet11 Member Posts: 38 Connected
edited October 13 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone. So, not even a week after my PIP assessment, I get the letter for my work capability telephone assessment with Universal Credit for the 22nd October . Does anyone have any advice or tips for this, as I can’t seem to find much info. I did have one in 2018, but had to stop halfway though due to a panic attack, so can’t remember much. I was placed in the limited capability for work group that time. Thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    If you kept a copy of the form you filled out then have a look at that to remind yourself what you wrote. Part of the assessment will be for you to verify what you wrote.
     They will want to know what a typical day is like for you. The questions they ask will be different for everyone, which is why you can’t really find any information on it. 
    It’s similar to the PIP assessment but of course it’s different criteria. For the WCA they assess your ability to do any type of work.
    Some people find it helpful to write some notes before the assessment takes place. Personally I don’t find that helpful because for me I prefer to just concentrate on answering the questions rather than looking at my notes and getting all flustered. 
    Make sure your phone is fully charged before the assessment and have a drink next to you. Assessment lengths can be anything from 20 to 90 minutes sometimes longer. 
  • strawberrysherbet11
    strawberrysherbet11 Member Posts: 38 Connected
    @poppy123456 thank you, that’s very helpful :) I do have a copy of the forms so I’ll make sure to have that all ready and be prepared. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.