Sex, and being disabled — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sex, and being disabled

Options
ellieflower3
ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
my partner who respects I have a injury stopping me from doing most things helps me through our relationship, I feel useless sometimes when he says he wants sex and i can't give him that so i feel a useless person and my fault for a suicide attempt.
I find stretching helps me please him but for some reason It doesn't give me pleasure but it does him. 
I sometimes allow things to carry on but afraid Ill injure myself or make my condition worse or do damage. Am I bad girlfriend? that i don't give him sex
he says it's okay but i feel im letting him down due to my friends relationships are more active sexually making me think im a useless girlfriend by not giving him sex. any advice?  thanks
Lilly Josh  <3

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're not at all letting anyone down @ellieflower3. You don't owe sex to anyone.

I'm glad that your boyfriend doesn't make you feel like you're letting him down. You shouldn't have to worry about injury when having sex with your partner- have you had an open conversation with him about what you could do with each other that would be pleasurable for both of you? It can sometimes be difficult to bring these things up, but it's really important that you do. 

It's also worth remembering that different couples have varying sex lives for lots of different reasons. You should therefore try and avoid comparing yourself to your friends and their relationships. What matters is finding something that works for both you and your partner :) 
    I feel useless sometimes when he says he wants sex and i can't give him that so i feel a useless person and my fault for a suicide attempt.
    Do you mean that you sometimes feel as though it was your fault you attempted suicide, and that this is now having an effect on your sex life? Do you mind me asking whether you currently feel suicidal? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • ellieflower3
    Options
    You're not at all letting anyone down @ellieflower3. You don't owe sex to anyone.

I'm glad that your boyfriend doesn't make you feel like you're letting him down. You shouldn't have to worry about injury when having sex with your partner- have you had an open conversation with him about what you could do with each other that would be pleasurable for both of you? It can sometimes be difficult to bring these things up, but it's really important that you do. 

It's also worth remembering that different couples have varying sex lives for lots of different reasons. You should therefore try and avoid comparing yourself to your friends and their relationships. What matters is finding something that works for both you and your partner :) 
    I feel useless sometimes when he says he wants sex and i can't give him that so i feel a useless person and my fault for a suicide attempt.
    Do you mean that you sometimes feel as though it was your fault you attempted suicide, and that this is now having an effect on your sex life? Do you mind me asking whether you currently feel suicidal? 
    im not bbut ty
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Options

u ok
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • paulmitch26
    paulmitch26 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Options
    dont evan worry about it, i dont know you and dont want to sound like a pervo but maybe just maybe find other ways to pleasure him.. as a man seriously throw him onto the bed and give him the best **** of his life!! 
    sex dosnt matter but i hope you and your partner sort this out and good luck :) 

• ellieflower3
    Options
    dont evan worry about it, i dont know you and dont want to sound like a pervo but maybe just maybe find other ways to pleasure him.. as a man seriously throw him onto the bed and give him the best **** of his life!! 
    sex dosnt matter but i hope you and your partner sort this out and good luck :) 

hello, thank you! no, your not a perv never call yourself that! I totally understand :) thank you
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • steve39
    steve39 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    my partner who respects I have a injury stopping me from doing most things helps me through our relationship, I feel useless sometimes when he says he wants sex and i can't give him that so i feel a useless person and my fault for a suicide attempt.
    I find stretching helps me please him but for some reason It doesn't give me pleasure but it does him. 
    I sometimes allow things to carry on but afraid Ill injure myself or make my condition worse or do damage. Am I bad girlfriend? that i don't give him sex
    he says it's okay but i feel im letting him down due to my friends relationships are more active sexually making me think im a useless girlfriend by not giving him sex. any advice?  thanks
    sorry how do you know that your friends are more active ? have you watched then ? you don't say  what made you try suicide or hurt you because what I'm trying to say is that it don't matter what other people say they are doing, while your worrying about things nothing is going to feel right for you , when your ready it wont matter until then. don't worry just go ahead as you are and enjoy yourself

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.