Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

What happens after one year on contribution based ESA?

Options
david400
david400 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Can you please advise of what happens after one year on contribution base esa
 in employment support group.
Thankyou

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,131 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    If you're in the Support Group then New style ESA/ Contirbutions based ESA continues for as long as you remain in that group. It's only time limited to 1 year if you're in the WRAG or you are still waiting for the decision on a work capability assessment and are still on assessment rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,650 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @david400 and welcome to the community, I hope the above reply has been helpful. 

You mentioned the "employment support group", do you mean you're in the support group? Or the work related activity group? I just wanted to clarify.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • david400
    Options
    Work related support group do you know what benefit you can claim after one year.
    Thankyou
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,131 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    david400 said:
    Work related support group do you know what benefit you can claim after one year.
    Thankyou

There's no such thing as "work related support group." It's either "Work related Activity Group Otherwise known as WRAG" or "Support Group." If you're in the WRAG then your payments stop after one year. The only other benefit that you can claim is Universal Credit but because it's a means tested benefit then claiming will depend on your circumstances. If you live with a partner you claim as a couple. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming.
    It sounds like you're not sure which group you're in, if you don't have your work capability assessment decision letter to have a look at then you'll need to ring DWP to ask which group you're in.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • david400
    Options
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you are being paid £114.10/week then you are in the Support Group and ESA will continue.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.