Hi, my name is ladyLottie! My review was due on 13 October, however my PIP ended on 8 October — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ladyLottie! My review was due on 13 October, however my PIP ended on 8 October

ladyLottie
ladyLottie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve recently had to complete a PIP review that was due on the 13th October, I have however received a letter dated 9th October to say my PIP has ended on the 8th October because they didn’t receive the review forms in time, ive rang & said it’s not my fault that they have made this error & have been told there’s nothing they can do except a mandatory reconsideration..!!! I cannot understand how that get away with this when it’s their error.
im due in hospital in a couple of weeks & need to buy quite a lot for my hospital stay & recovery & ive been told the MR can take 10 weeks, is this actually correct what they are doing to me.
any help gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ladyLottie and welcome to the community, this is a very supportive place so I'm sure you'll enjoy being here.

Sorry to hear about the situation with your PIP, it sounds very inconvenient and you must be quite frustrated.

Just to let you know, I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category, which you might also like to have a look through for similar threads. 

I look forward to hopefully seeing you getting involved around the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    When was your PIP award due to end exactly? PIP reviews are not completed exactly on the date they tell you. When did you return the form and what date were they supposed to be returned by?
    What error have DWP made? If your forms haven't been recieved by them on time then yes they will stop your PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ladyLottie
    ladyLottie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Poppy
    my award was extended to 16th July 2022.
    I sent my review form in first class with proof of postage to be there by the 13th October which was the date they had printed on the front of my review form.
    I can’t understand how they can stop my PIP on the 8th October & send a letter dated the 9th when there is still 5 days left for them to receive my form & it be on time & then be told there’s nothing they can do but put it in for a MR.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Request the MR and put the letter in as proof that it needed to be returned by 13th and not the 8th.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.