How long after a case manager for PIP will you get a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after a case manager for PIP will you get a decision?

dawnjones22
dawnjones22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
How long after a casemanager for pip will u get a distion 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dawnjones22 - & welcome to the community. After an assessment, it can take on average 8 weeks to get a decision; you might have received a text about this. I'm sorry, but it can take a while, unfortunately.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community I'm glad your query has been answered please let us know how you get on 
  • dawnjones22
    It's a review I asked for and it's been 12 wk now 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    It's a review I asked for and it's been 12 wk now 

Do you mean it's been 12 weeks since you returned your form? Or it's been 12 weeks since you had your assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dawnjones22
    I asked for a review and its been 12 wk since I put it in and I've erd nothing yet do u kn how long it takes I phoned up and thay told me it was with casemanager 
  • poppy123456
    There are no timescales but backlogs are huge so it could take several months before you have a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I asked for a review and its been 12 wk since I put it in and I've erd nothing yet do u kn how long it takes I phoned up and thay told me it was with casemanager 
    I submitted my change of circumstances mid August and heard nothing from them until I saw a sum in my bank account last week which was larger than my normal PIP payment.  I received the decision letter the day after (I did ring about the amount so knew what the letter would say).

I was surprised everything was sorted so quickly.  Hopefully you will hear something soon.
  • poppy123456
    I submitted my change of circumstances mid August and heard nothing from them until I saw a sum in my bank account last week which was larger than my normal PIP payment.  I received the decision letter the day after (I did ring about the amount so knew what the letter would say).

I was surprised everything was sorted so quickly.  Hopefully you will hear something soon.

Paper based assessments are rare so the OP should expect an assessment by either telephone or face to face because most people have them.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering

Paper based assessments are rare so the OP should expect an assessment by either telephone or face to face because most people have them.
    I know...I was astonished.I was still waiting for a text to say they’d received my form or a date for an assessment... but things are due to change somewhat I believe regarding how the DWP deal with PIP claims so let’s hope it’s a sign of things to come...especially for people whose conditions are unlikely to improve 
  • Asmith61994
    Asmith61994 Community member Posts: 4 Listener

My timeline hope it helps 

I sent my pip claim for back on 24th July. I got a text confirming they received it on the 16th August. I then didn't get a telephone assessment until 16th November it got cancelled on day and rearranged to the 20th. I had the assessment then the following Monday 22nd  I got a text saying dwp have received my written assessment should be in touch in 8 weeks. I then received a random call on the 3rd December from a dwp decision maker they asked me more information this really caught me off guard was unaware it was something they do. But the decision-maker said I should receive a decision in 1-2 weeks. I will update the timeline when I get more info. 

• celticgirl
    celticgirl Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    i had a missed call then phoned today got told there was a letter sent out it’s with the decision maker 
  • poppy123456
    i had a missed call then phoned today got told there was a letter sent out it’s with the decision maker 

If a decisons been made it can take up to 24 hours for them to be able to see what that decision is on the computer. The letter may also be a standard letter to say they have all the information they need to make a decision.

Once a decision is made you'll be contacted.
  • celticgirl
    Thanks so confusing all this missed call then getting told there is a letter on way but it’s still with decision maker makes your anxiety worse 
  • celticgirl
    So do you think if I phone tomorrow they would be able to tell me . As dont think i can wait 2 weeks on letter as my nerves are shattered 
  • poppy123456
    If a decision is made they will tell you. If it’s not there’s nothing to tell you. 
  • celticgirl
    Thanks think I will wait on letter how long will that take 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2023
    Up to a couple of weeks but often sooner. Is it a first time claim? If so and you're successfully awarded and you gave a mobile contact number they have been know to text if there's an award. I've never known them text if there's no award.
  • celticgirl
    No been on it for 6 years but runs out in April so its a review. But since my first claim I have something else wrong which i had to put on form . So now its just a waiting game 
  • poppy123456
    No been on it for 6 years but runs out in April so its a review. But since my first claim I have something else wrong which i had to put on form . So now its just a waiting game 

Then i'm not aware of them texting with review decisions.
  • celticgirl
    Thanks so will need to wait on letter and hopefully my award has went up 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.