Been offered 3 months notice. Would this be considered resigning, and bar me from claiming benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been offered 3 months notice. Would this be considered resigning, and bar me from claiming benefits?

scotty2hotty
scotty2hotty Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Work and employment
I am unfit to return to work and I am being offered 3 months notice .If I accept would this be classed as resigning and bar me from claiming any benefits.I have been with this company for 14 years.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If they have offered notice then they are terminating the contract not you , it may be medical dismissal 

Either way you will still be eligible to apply for benefits If the reason you leave is due to ill health 

You can apply for new style esa if you have paid enough ni contributions in tax years 2018 to 2020

You can apply 3 months in advance of leaving work but you won't get any money till earnings end 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected

Hi @scotty2hotty

A warm welcome to the community.

Thank you for sharing this with us.  I hope some of the information given has been useful to you. 
    Please keep in touch and let us know if there is any further assistance we can provide.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.