Pip mandatory reconsideration and debt management? Help anxiety through roof — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mandatory reconsideration and debt management? Help anxiety through roof

jadeyhayesx92
jadeyhayesx92 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi 
I have rang pip this morning as I have asked for a mandatory reconsideration and it’s been 12 weeks.. the woman on the phone has said the decision was made yesterday but has been put back on hold and sent to debt managements and I can’t know the outcome until it’s come back from them if I have any debt.. I am now panicking thinking there going to take the standard daily living off me which helps me to get taxis etc.. can anyone explain to me why it’s gone to debt management first and why I can’t just be told? Has anyone had This experience sorry for rambling I’m panicking now. Thanks 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jadeyhayesx92 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry this seems so worrying for you. The DWP (or HMRC) will try & recover any monies from other benefits which were overpaid (from new style ESA, UC or tax credits for example) even if it was years ago. Are you aware of anything like that? Sometimes no debt is found at all; other times any debt may be unrecoverable if you have always kept the DWP informed of any overpayments they've made.
    Your PIP award will not change; you won't lose your daily living component. Debt management will just be checking to see if there's any recoverable debt to take from arrears due to yourself.
  • jadeyhayesx92
    jadeyhayesx92 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have spoken to them it’s a debt from 2016 which I have no idea what it is. I’m going to try and speak to debt management now and see if they can tell me what it is 
    thankyou 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

As your case has been sent to debt management this suggest that there is a payment due as a result of your Mr.  

If there was no arrears payment then there is no reason to send it to debt management so it looks like you have had a successful mr 

Whether you will get any back pay after the debt is recovered only debt management can tell you 

But your PIP payment will in future reflect the decision made from your Mr 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.