How long do paper based assessments take and what do they do? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do paper based assessments take and what do they do?

Options

Comments

• family33
    family33 Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
    Options
    Thankyou Poppy.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    No, it's rare for them to do this. If it's your first time claim and you're successfully awarded money usually goes into the bank before you receive the decision letter. Providing you're not transfering from DLA.
    Out of interest what is done differently if you are transferring from DLA?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,230 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, it's rare for them to do this. If it's your first time claim and you're successfully awarded money usually goes into the bank before you receive the decision letter. Providing you're not transfering from DLA.

There's no backdated money...
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options

There's no backdated money...
    Yes, of course, silly me!
  • family33
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi poppy just recieved my report after requesting yesterday I have totaled my points and it's totalling 12 points daily living I feel I should av scored low part mobility , can I ask them now to do reconsideration on the mobility part? Or will I need to wait for the award letter? Also am I now entitled to income support premium if I am will it be put on my income support automaticallyor do I need to apply ? I am a single parent on iS.i am also claiming carers allowance
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2021
    Options
    You can't request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) until the decision's been made. Whether you're entitled to any mobility will totally depend on how your conditions affect you.
    The disability premium that's paid with IS (£35.10 per/week) is automatically paid and will be added to your IS and backdated to the start of your PIP award, if you're successfully awarded PIP.
    The Severe Disability premium is another possibility, providing you're the only adult in your house and no one claims Carers Allowance or carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you. If you're not the only adult then you must all be claiming a qualifying disability benefit or be registered blind. See link. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium It's £67.30 per week extra in your IS and can be backdated to the start of your PIP award but you will need to ring IS to claim this, if you're successfully awarded the daily living part of PIP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • family33
    Options
    Hi poppy you have mentioned 2 amounts there ,do you mean the last amount in total, or both? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's 2 disability premiums when claiming IS and the amounts are for each one... therefore it's an extra £102.40 per week in your IS but the SDP has qualifying criteria as stated in the link i posted.
  • family33
    Options
    Thankyou Poppy , so when I get the afficial dwp award , how do I do mandatory consideration please?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Or write a letter. You should state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    You should also get some expert advice to check that you qualify for any mobility part. For this start here. https://advicelocal.uk/
    Also to add, it has been known for the decision maker to go against the report, although it's rare, it does happen. The report is part of your evidence and they should look at everything you sent as well as the report.

• family33
    Options
    Thankyou so much poppy
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome :)
  • family33
    Options
    Hi poppy one more question please for the severe premium it says dependants and non dependants I don't quite understand my son is 17 and in full time college what is he regarding dependants please?
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2021
    Options
    As your son is still in full time education, if you’re still claiming child benefit for him then this won’t affect you’re eligibility to claim the SDP, so you can claim it.

When your child benefit stops if he doesn’t claim a disability benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care then you would lose the SDP if he still lives with you. As he would then be classed as a non dependent.
  • family33
    Options
    Oh now I understand yes I get child benefit still and he has no benefits, oh well that's good to hear ,thankyou Poppy. 
  • family33
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The assessor lied a couple of times on my form I stated I could walk between 50 and 200 yards but no more than 200 aided or unaided and couldn't carry on after that , she asked me the same question and I gave the answer on the form, in her report she said I could walk 50 to 200 yards and could carry on , so do I explain this if I do MR? I suffer with anziety and agrophobia my evidence from my cpn states anziety depression and agrophobia ,any journey causes me to stress my hands sweat and carnt breath,  she said because I take my daughter to school I can plan a journey I take my daughter to school in a taxi to and from school when my son is at college , otherwise he will take her, I have no choice to endure that journey because my daughter wouldn't get an education and I would fined or even prison so I have no choice to take that journey .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you can walk between 50-200 metres regularly and reliably then this would score you 4 points, which isn't enough for standard mobility because you need at least 8 points for an award.
    Having said that, you haven't had the decision yet and you need to wait for that.
  • family33
    Options
    I feel I should have scored B on planning and following a journey , does the decision maker look at what I wrote and their report and maybe pick up on things like that or do they just add it all up? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They should look at everything before making a decision.
  • family33
    Options
    Isn't this why people was getting their claim looked at again because they should of got points for overwhelming physiological distress? Yes your right I will and see poppy.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.