Successful MR for ESA - but what happens next? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Successful MR for ESA - but what happens next?

Options
LeeA380
LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
I got a letter today telling me that my MR for ESA LCWRA assessment has been overturned and I am now going to be put into the support group.

As I currently claim UC (due to ESA going over 12 months before assessment), am I eligible for both ESA and UC, or parts of them? What about disability premiums? I heard this gets tagged on automatically (if eligible).

And will there be any arrears from ESA, seeing as they now see me as deserving of the extra £40 per week. How far back does this stretch, from when I made my original claim or when I put in the MR?

In the mid-term, LCWRA support group will not be for me, as I imagine my mobility will improve and I don't want to get into trouble (so I will notify them of any changes when necessary).
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    LeeA380 said: As I currently claim UC (due to ESA going over 12 months before assessment), am I eligible for both ESA and UC, or parts of them? What about disability premiums? 
    You will get both new style ESA and Uc but the Uc will be reduced by the ESA. The overall income will be the same as just claiming UC (assuming there is still UC entitlement).

There are no disability premiums in new style ESA and UC.
    LeeA380 said:And will there be any arrears from ESA, seeing as they now see me as deserving of the extra £40 per week. How far back does this stretch, from when I made my original claim or when I put in the MR?
    The Support Group component will be backdated to the 14th week of the ESA claim.

LeeA380 said: In the mid-term, LCWRA support group will not be for me, as I imagine my mobility will improve and I don't want to get into trouble (so I will notify them of any changes when necessary).
    You will be entitled to the LCWRA element of UC backdated to the start of your UC claim (unless you have a partner who is already receiving it).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LeeA380 said:
     What about disability premiums? I heard this gets tagged on automatically (if eligible).

You were advised about this in a previous post by calcotti. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/82604/claiming-pip-but-what-about-disability-premiums#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LeeA380 said:
     What about disability premiums? I heard this gets tagged on automatically (if eligible).
    You were advised about this in a previous post by calcotti. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/82604/claiming-pip-but-what-about-disability-premiums#latest

Thanks, poppy. I hadn’t made the connection. Repeat questions, same answer!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.