School transport - Suffolk County Council — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

School transport - Suffolk County Council

Options
fruitcake2021
fruitcake2021 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2022 in Education
Good morning. I'm desperately trying to find out whether there are any other parents struggling to get their transport payments from the Suffolk County Council? After an incident and on going problems with the Councils choice of school transport, we decided it was safer for us to take our disabled daughter to school. They drew up a contract in January, told us the amounts we would receive and when and unfortunately we have had problems ever since. We have to phone, email and threaten every single month (sometimes every week) just to get the payments that they set up and it's exhausting. It took us from January to July to get the first payment and back payments. At the moment they still owe us for the new term and we are at a complete loss on what to do, as we don't want to go through this every single month. We've done everything, even issued complaints. We never get any response, a phone call back or email. Ombudsman won't help until we've waited 12 weeks for them to respond to our last complaint, which means waiting until January 2022. Why are they doing this to us? It's law for them to provide this, they break the rules and don't mind or worry about doing so. Any help or advice would be appreciated! 
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @fruitcake2021 :) I'm really sorry that you're having to fight so hard for the appropriate transport payments. I'm not 100% sure what to suggest, seeing as you've already complained and spoken to the ombudsman, so I hope that another member with some personal experience will find your post soon. 

I've also marked your post as unanswered so that other members will be able to identify it as unanswered, and so that we can come back to it more easily if we find a possible solution or suggestion for you. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @fruitcake2021

I'm so sorry to hear about your scenario and the stress that you've encountered along the way. I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on and apologise that none of members have been able to help with your query. I hope you've managed to find some answers and things are looking a bit more positive now. 

If you have any other questions, then please just let us know.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.