PIP Evidence Not Provided

Faith2008
Faith2008 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hello Everyone, I was hoping to get your option on my application. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2019 which I have been given Zapain which I take around 5-6 daily. I also am on an antidepressant. I was attacked in 2018 in January and after this event I really suffered with wide spreed pain, brain fog and sleeping issues or I should say not sleeping. I wasn’t physically hurt during the attack as it was a break in at my home but I was threatened and my children had been in the house so the stress to keep them hidden and safe was huge. During covid it go so bad I was bed bound almost for over nine months. I have only left my house for the covid vaccine and work in over a year and I take cabs everywhere. Haven’t been in a shop or meet up with family
or friends since 2019 due to
mobility and extreme pain. I only applied to PIP as I work but I believe they are trying to get me out as they can’t move in about as they once could. I was told pip could help pay for a wheelchair so I applied. I sent no
evidence as I have none. I assumed they will get my diagnosis from my GP. Do you think that is the case? 
It’s been 24 weeks since I sent the application off. I have been told my case is with a case manager. Does anyone know how it works? And if the evidence issue will be ok? 
Thank you everyone! 

Comments

• Faith2008
    Faith2008 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    thank you. 
    Fibromyalgia has ruined my life from an active happy person to a bed bound women who can barely stand for more then a minute of that. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,486 Championing
    Hi,
    It's your responsibility to prove you qualify for PIP, not their's. Medical evidence is not needed for a PIP claim because most medical evidence doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you. The best you can send is your anecdotal evidence, a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted the activity for each descriptor that applies to you.