Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I'm on UC and PIP. I've been offered a 16 hour pw job. Do I have to tell UC and PIP?
hello.. I am on universal credit and standard pip allowance for my earing loss.. I have a chance of giving a job a go I think may suit me with me being hard of hearing .. it is self employed and part time at 16 hours a week so my question is if I decide to give a go I have to let universal credit know don't I and do I also have to let pip know too.. any advice would be appreciated thanks
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 527 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 848 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.