I'm on UC and PIP. I've been offered a 16 hour pw job. Do I have to tell UC and PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm on UC and PIP. I've been offered a 16 hour pw job. Do I have to tell UC and PIP?

antc
antc Community member Posts: 41 Connected
hello.. I am on universal credit and standard pip allowance for my earing loss.. I have a chance of giving a job a go I think may suit me with me being hard of hearing .. it is self employed and part time at 16 hours a week  so my question is  if I decide to give a go I have to let universal credit know don't I and do I also have to let pip know too.. any advice would be appreciated thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't need to tell PIP as PIP is not work related.
    You must report a change to UC. Your UC will continue but your earnings will affect how much UC you receive. If you are self employed you will be required to report your self employment income and expenditure to UC on the last day of each UC assessment period.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You don't need to inform pip but yes inform uc 
  • antc
    ok thank you both of you 
  • calcotti
    Note also that if you currently have LCW or LCWRA on UC if your work contradicts the reasons you have been found to have LCW/LCWRA this may prompt a reassessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • antc
    I am on LCW on universal credit so if I decide I could do the job and choose to do it what reassessment would this be? a pip reassessment? any advice is appreciated thanks
  • calcotti
    antc said:
    I am on LCW on universal credit so if I decide I could do the job and choose to do it what reassessment would this be? a pip reassessment? any advice is appreciated thanks
    No, a Work Capability Assessment for UC.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    For the LCW it will be a work capability assessment. Before this happens you will receive a letter on your journal telling you that you’re being referred for another assessment. Then you’ll be sent the UC50 form. You will be due a review at some point in the future anyway. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • antc
    would this be a pip review too
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP and LCW are 2 completely different benefits. People do work and claim PIP but again if the work you do contradicts the reasons for your claim then it can go against it when you're next reviewed. Whether it will prompt and earlier review is anyone's guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • antc
    ok thanks for the help

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.