Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is a needs assessment suitable for a autistic person?
I am autistic with ADHD and MCAS. Psychologist and OT told me I should look into getting extra help with daily living stuff and apply for PIP but because of executive dysfunction, brain fog and trouble with communication, it’s hard to work out what exactly I should do and who to contact, I have read about a needs assessment but I don’t know if this is suitable? I am also having to look after sick wife so very overwhelmed coping with things I don’t normally have to. I would like to have someone to help me work through it all, like a support person to pay to help me navigate it all.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.