Are PIP forms different for each request? I want to tell them about health situation worsening — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are PIP forms different for each request? I want to tell them about health situation worsening

jinnty
jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I hope this finds you all safe and as well as you can be. I have a silly question, so my apologies in advance. Are pip forms different for each request, ie: 1st application, light touch review, full review and change of circumstances. I am asking because I want to tell them about health situation getting worse, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be the full booklet or something like that, as I find the full booklets stressful and extremely anxiety driven. Thanks again,

Comments

• jinnty
    Pip review forms
  • jinnty
    Differences between for
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no such thing as a light touch review yet because no one has actually had one, some people that have 10 year ongoing awards will expect a light touch review and no one has got to that stage yet.

Have you had a look to see if you can score more points for a higher award before you report the changes? A worsening of condition doesn't automatically mean you'll score more points for a higher award. You should get some expert advice before going any further. For this, start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

If you do go ahead and report this, then you'll be sent more PIP2 (full forms) to complete. Regardless of which form, all claims should be treated as a new claim by everyone.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jinnty
    Hello @poppy123456
    thank you for your reply. Can I please ask, would it be more helpful for me to look through the copies of my previous claim? I have the previous form from when I last claimed, so don’t know if going through this would allow me to see where or if  I might be eligible for more points. Really sorry to bother you again, I’m just at a loss, of the best way to approach it. Thank you and stay safe. 
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I looked at my previous form when I submitted a change of circumstances in August.  Although people here say treat every review, change of circumstances like your first application I didn’t...I stated what had changed for me and in the places where things were the same, I just put nothing has changed from my previous assessment and I still struggle with whatever I was struggling with at the time.

I had no assessment and it took just 9 weeks for them to make a decision, money was in my bank account before I received the decision letter and I now have an ongoing award.

Everybody seems to have a different experience it seems but I was pleased with my outcome, compared to my first one where I had an assessment with an assessor who blatently lied in her report.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.