Hi, my name is Victoria08! Looking for people's experience of living in emergency accommodation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Victoria08! Looking for people's experience of living in emergency accommodation

Options
Victoria08
Victoria08 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Newbie here looking for posts or people's experience of living in emergency accommodation.  Fleeing domestic violence, I have mobility issues and severe mental health issues. I'm leaving my local authority and going to a new one who have accepted duty of care. Feeling scared.

Thank you. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Victoria08 - I just wanted to welcome you to the community. I haven't had your experience, but appreciate how very difficult this must be for you. The main thing, hopefully, is that you're in a safe situation, & a move to a new location may be helpful, altho the unknown is, I'm sure, scary. Be brave; you've gone through so much, so you're a survivor. Do you feel you have good support to help you right now? Take care. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @victoria08 

I wanted to wish you a warm welcome to the community, and thank you for telling us what you are going through at the minute. 

I'm glad to hear that you have received support from the new authority to get away from what you were the victim of, I'm sorry to hear that you experienced domestic violence but it's good to know that you are away from it now. 

Was the abuse you were the victim of reported to the authorities? Have the local authority been able to signpost you to any local or national support services such as Refuge  or Victim Support?

I imagine it's quite normal to feel scared or anxious, but I'm sure everything will go fine for you. Do you have any friends or family members who are able to support you at this time? 

Do ensure you continue to access any support you have in place for your mental health, and speak with your GP if you feel as though it is becoming harder to manage.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Im sorry about your situation you have done the right thing getting out and yes you must be scared buf you have been brave and strong and this will get you through 

I was involved with a women's charity for short time and witnessed people in this situation and watching them get support to get them back on the road to a better life 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Victoria08 :) 

I was just wondering how you've been getting on. How have things been since you last posted here? Do you have any updated to share? 

Please do let us know how you're getting on, and whether there's any further advice you need from us. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.