Why do dogs tilt their head? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why do dogs tilt their head?

csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
Are there any dog owners in this forum? My question is, Why do dogs tilt their head?

I have been a dog owner in the past and have under always wondered why they do this. I have just been on Apple news and have found the following link,  which explains the possibility To why this may be:

https://apple.news/A0JXN1OWrRSCR6qklpkRPKA

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve seen young puppies tilt their head at a rubber ball so it’s a quizzical stance, not just trying to understand verbal communication imo. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Maybe they do it because they're wondering what on earth us humans are talking about :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.