Sectioned again - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sectioned again

Options
2»

Comments

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake88 thank you for the update. I'm pleased to hear that this hospital is much better than the last one. The diagnosis is just another word, the main thing for you is to get the correct medication. I really hope they can sort this out for you. You might find you get better quicker now they have identified the problem. Enjoy your pampering day tomorrow. 

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    I can’t say how blessed I feel for all your support I couldn’t of got threw any of this with out all of you so thanks to you all . Like I said I’m really lucky I don’t wanna jinx it but all the patients are calm and not loud and screaming every one quiet but things always change in these places but so far no kick offs or any thing No alarms being sounded  every ones pretty peaceful we all have our illnesses but we don’t have any loudness here I think it’s because the staff were so lovely to us there’s always some one to talk too . 

Yes I have been put on some strong meds x 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake let us know how your pampering day goes :) 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 538 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Cupcake, I have Schizophrenia too being diagnosed when I was 18. (Now 30) I have spent most my life in hospitals so I can relate to what your going through. It does get better though once they find a medication that works for you. For me the only medication that really worked is Paliperidone, the rest gave me either bad side effects or didn't work. I haven't been in hospital in a year my last admission being October 2020.

I hope they manage to find the right medication for you too, and things get easier. A new diagnosis is really hard at first especially with all the stigma around it, but you soon find what works for you and how to manage it. I wish you all the best.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you @cupcake88 - I hope you enjoyed your 'beauty' day, & that you've been able to go for more walks in the grounds. Will your partner be visiting you over the weekend? Thinking about you, xx
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes my partner came yesterday to visit me yesterday with my dog and today I feel so down when they went yesterday I cried loads. I have asked him to visit in two weeks time as next weekend I don’t think I could take watching him go again . 

Thanks so much for those who have shared there own experiences with there mental health it’s a reminder that your never on your own loads of people have mental illnesses I just wish there was a quick cure for every one . 

If I’m really honest now I’m feeling very paranoid I’m feeling still suicidal but I wanna go home and I’m scared to tell the doctor the truth because I’ll be hear for ages . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello my friend,
    I'm glad to hear your partner was able to visit you with your dog. I know it's very difficult when the leave.
    You should be honest with your doctor because otherwise they can't help you. You are definitely in the right place, where you can be kept safe.
    Hopefully, you'll be home before you know it.
    Gentle hugs for you! xx
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,186 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

Sorry to read your back in hospital. But glad it’s better than the last one.

Stay strong you’ll get through it.
    You'll be in my prayers ❤️
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - Pleased your partner & your dog visited yesterday. I totally agree with Poppy that you should tell your Dr the truth, then, hopefully with the right treatment, when you get back home you may feel so much better. Hugs my dear friend, xx
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cupcake88 I'm glad to hear your partner and dog were able to visit you this weekend, I can see from how much you miss them, that they are a really important part of your life, just as much as you are in theirs.

You certainly aren't alone, and you're taking some really positive steps to work through this and feel better. 

I'm so sorry to hear how you've been feeling, especially as you're anxious to go home. If your doctor knows honestly how you feel, then they can help you work through those feelings with the right treatment, and in the safest way for you. That way you'll be able to return home and put your best foot forward with the right support around you. How are you feeling this morning?

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

I'm also glad to hear that you were able to see your partner and your dog the other day. 

how are you feeling today?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.