renting place advice. Landlord has asked for references and employment status, but I'm unemployed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

renting place advice. Landlord has asked for references and employment status, but I'm unemployed

Options
redOwl
redOwl Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Im not sure where to post this need some advice renting place with gf .At moment staying at gf  place talked about paying off what she owes on back rent and renting place together .She emailed landlord about paying off back rent and land lord now asking about references  and my employment status  .Not sure to do i have no references
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Were you renting before you lived with your GF? If so then you can give contact details of previous landlord, this is what i did with my current landlord. If you work, maybe your employer can give you a reference?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • redOwl
    redOwl Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    no lived with family before im on disability  not sure how could give reference
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you mean your GF's current landlord is asking for references or a potential new landlord?
    Either way, a new landlord will do a credit check on you, they may also ask for bank statements to check affordability.
    If you've never worked and were living with parents before then you should explain this to the landlord. If your GF doesn't work there could be problems finding a LL that will accept DSS tenants and if you are luckly they may ask for a guarantor.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.