Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My sister needs to move into sheltered housing or a care home. I don't know where to start
I’m looking for some Help for my sister who has cerabal palsy and needs to move out of her house into sheltered housing or a care home. She is very independent but is struggling with mental health and loneliness now. She can walk using her frame outside but struggles with speech. She currently lives in a council house and has caters come on for an hour a day but now she has turned 67 she is asking for more help. I don’t know where to start to look fir help and I live on France. My other sister is suffering with depression too so I can’t get her involved. Any help or advice would be great.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 967 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 842 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.