Pip for Emotional unstable disorder. Any tips? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip for Emotional unstable disorder. Any tips?

Matilda1234
Matilda1234 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just wandering if anyone could
help or simply calm my nerves I’ve applied for pip as I really am suffering at home been off work sick since September and struggle to leave the house I don’t cook because I forget to finish and can’t be trusted with my medication as when I’m manic I don’t take it or when I’m low I seem to take more to numb the pain. I have filled in the form by email and sent all evidence in and received the text to say they had it and I understand you can wait a while I’ve only been waiting a few weeks but honestly I feel like applying is going to tip me over the edge I just want to get the assessment out the way!!! I’m hoping for a telephone assessment. Any tips much appreciated? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Matilda1234 hi and welcome to scope, it's possible the assessment will be by phone but they have been doing some face2face ones recently as well, i'm afraid a new claim from start to finish can take months depending how busy they are in your area, all you can really do now (and I know it's never easy) is to sit back and let the process run it's course.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. The timescale from applying to having a decision is about 10 months, if you have a decision in less than this then you're lucky. Backlogs are huge at the moment.
    The majority of people have assesssments either telephone or if they can't get enough of information through this it will be a face to face assessment.
    Unfortunately, all you can do now is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Matilda1234 :) As the other's have said, waiting times can unfortunately be quite long. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much in the meantime. They should give you notice for your assessment, so you'll have some time to prepare yourself. 

Do you feel as though you're receiving enough support for your mental health at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Matilda1234
    Matilda1234 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Yes and no under the physiatrist have an appointment every month but I don’t find them that useful tbh they have referred me for anxiety treatment but due to covid still waiting! I’m a terrible worrier. Any advice would be great 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no further advice to give at the moment with regards to your PIP claim. If an assessment is needed you can post back here and i'm sure someone will advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.