What is the best aid that you have bought? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is the best aid that you have bought?

csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
I am visually impaired and A couple of years ago, I bought a Beierley electronic desktop magnifier. I use it almost all the time and have never looked back. :-) 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Rubber gloves because I have OCD and struggle touching things

I am not using as many now but used to get through 2-3 boxes of 100 a week

The gloves were very liberating when I first used them. I was able to use my hands to touch things just like a normal person would be able to - something simple like opening a drawer was no longer a challenge - before I’d have to work out how I was going to do it lol
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,828 Disability Gamechanger
    Helping hand stick as I have pain on bending.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    One cup kettle no pouring boiling water , as vusually impaired I can't see well and being in a wheelchair as well means I'm too low down to pour from normal kettle 
  • Reg
    Reg Community member Posts: 109 Pioneering
    Probably not your typical aid but a belt to tie around my waist that I can attach the dog to on his lead.

It helps when you use crutches but still it is not ideal as it is a bit like synchronised swimming - you and the dog need to try to be in step.

I am hoping that someone will think of a better solution
    Reg

I am a Scope volunteer.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.