Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP Assessor Lying.

Options
leeh098
leeh098 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
Well today I received my report.. To find the ‘Nurse’ has completely lied on the assessment, She just basically said I can do everything unaided, Which is not the case at all, Absolutely furious! 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,507 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leeh098 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel as though the assessor has reflected what you wanted to get across in their report. 

Have you received your award letter yet?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • leeh098
    Options
    Hi @leeh098 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel as though the assessor has reflected what you wanted to get across in their report. 

Have you received your award letter yet?
    Hello, No I have not received my award letter yet, But judging by the report I received it will not be successful, She just basically Ticked every box indicating I can do everything alone. Thank you.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What you have isn't the decision but it will form part of the final decision in a few weeks time, the DM doesn't always accept the assessment they look at everything, but you should look up MR (mandatory reconsideration) which will be the first step if you are unhappy with the award(or lack of one), you have to do that before appealing.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeh098
    Options
    woodbine said:
    What you have isn't the decision but it will form part of the final decision in a few weeks time, the DM doesn't always accept the assessment they look at everything, but you should look up MR (mandatory reconsideration) which will be the first step if you are unhappy with the award(or lack of one), you have to do that before appealing.
    Hopefully the DM does not accept this Assessment, Because she just lied, It’s just bizarre how someone can make a assessment of someone they don’t know after 30 minutes on the phone.. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Remember the assessor is not there to write down everything you say or tell them they are there to form their own opinion on your abilities. 

If you don’t get the decision you want than you can move forward with an MR. 

You need to be providing 2 real world examples regarding what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor/activity that is applicable. 
  • leeh098
    Options
    Hopefully the DM reads what I said on the assessment, and Does not go on what the Assessor said, I will be putting in a MR if I am unsuccessful, As I do not think the assessment process is fair. Thank you all for you’re reply’s.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,456 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a lot of people that think the AP should write what you said word for word, this isn't what happens. If it did, there would be no point in having the assessment.
    I note from other comments of yours that you claimed PIP last year but where refused. You then had a diagnosis of Autism and decided to re-apply.
    Although the report you received isn't the decision, they mostly go with the report BUT not always.
    If you're refused again then i'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you to check that you do qualify. If you do then request the MR and if that fails, it's Tribunal. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/
    If you constantly re-apply using the same evidence you previously used, this will likely continue to see you being refused.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeh098
    Options
    There's a lot of people that think the AP should write what you said word for word, this isn't what happens. If it did, there would be no point in having the assessment.
    I note from other comments of yours that you claimed PIP last year but where refused. You then had a diagnosis of Autism and decided to re-apply.
    Although the report you received isn't the decision, they mostly go with the report BUT not always.
    If you're refused again then i'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you to check that you do qualify. If you do then request the MR and if that fails, it's Tribunal. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/
    If you constantly re-apply using the same evidence you previously used, this will likely continue to see you being refused.

Hopefully the DM reads the report thoroughly as to what I said, And the lady’s judgement, I guess there is still abit of hope, I will be making a MR if unsuccessful and follow on from there, it’s just stressful reading what she said knowing it isn’t the truth. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,456 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MarkM88 said:

You need to be providing 2 real world examples regarding what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor/activity that is applicable. 
    This here ^^ is what you should do when filling out the forms. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.

Di you take it all the way to Tribunal the first time you applied?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeh098
    Options
    MarkM88 said:

This here ^^ is what you should do when filling out the forms. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.

Di you take it all the way to Tribunal the first time you applied?

Hello, No I did not take it to a Tribunal the first time I applied, I just asked for a MR, But I will be doing this time if I get refused, I barely leave the house because of Mental Health problems etc, I guess I’ll just have to see the outcome and go from there.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,144 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry @lee098 - you'll not be the first to perceive 'inaccuracies' in the assessor's report. The first thing to do is to put the report away. If the decision, when you receive your decision letter, doesn't reflect your difficulties, then you can do a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) as mentioned. Also, as stated, if you hadn't already done so with your claim form, you need to give a couple of recent detailed examples as to the difficulty you faced attempting/doing any applicable activity/descriptor that you disagree with in a written MR. Exactly what happened, when, why did you have difficulty, did anyone else see this, & were there any consequences afterwards?
    Have a look here at how this can be looked at for some of those with mental health issues for guidance. It's about how to apply for PIP, but is still relevant if a MR is needed: https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/how-to-fill-in-the-pip-form/

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeh098, hello now you have your assessment report the results are not what you expected and the decision maker mostly go by the assessment report recommendations. So having got your report you have plenty of time to put a MR together giving plenty of xtra evidence and information to support your PIP application. When preparing your MR give real examples of what did or does happen each and every time you attempt or preform the PIP descriptors/ activities. Remember you have to be able capable of preforming the descriptors safely, repeatedly and in a timely manner. Focus your MR on these issues and  take your time and don’t accuse the HP of lying in the assessment report.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.