advice on what will happen to my disability and benefits when i reach 66,pension?after ESA. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

advice on what will happen to my disability and benefits when i reach 66,pension?after ESA.

2»

Comments

• mrpip2002uk
    mrpip2002uk Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    calcotti,i dont think my wife will have to produce a fit note for uc, because she is like myself is disabled and we both get PIP top rates of both awards.
    but your correct we do get £180 a week ESA at the moment in total,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    calcotti,i dont think my wife will have to produce a fit note for uc, because she is like myself is disabled and we both get PIP top rates of both awards.
    but your correct we do get £180 a week ESA at the moment in total,

Calcotti makes a good point here and she should report her health condition. Claiming PIP makes no difference because they are completely different benefits. If she doesn't report her health condition she will be expected to look for work. The work capability assessment process is the same as it is for ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said: You will receive your pension of £179 per week plus the UC of £75 per month, so you will be £75 per month better off. 
    That's £75/week better off than if OP doesn't claim UC, not £75 better off compared to now. If they don't claim UC they will, if getting standard SP, be worse off than now.

Yes, that's what i meant. Thanks for confirming that.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said: You will receive your pension of £179 per week plus the UC of £75 per month, so you will be £75 per month better off. 
    That's £75/week better off than if OP doesn't claim UC, not £75 better off compared to now. If they don't claim UC they will, if getting standard SP, be worse off than now.

Realised it's what you meant but thought it could be misread so just wanted to make sure it was clear to OP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    calcotti said:
    calcotti said:

Realised it's what you meant but thought it could be misread so just wanted to make sure it was clear to OP.

Appreciate you pointing that out. I should have made that clear.
  • mrpip2002uk
    mrpip2002uk Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    thank you both again for your help and advice,i will make sure we tell them everything, now i know what i have to do and ive got it clear in my head!youve really helped a lot! youve helped put my mind at rest,i didnt know the half of how all these different benefits worked and there must be thousands of families out there that are missing a lot of payments they should be entitled to?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    mrpip2002uk said:.. there must be thousands of families out there that are missing a lot of payments they should be entitled to?
    Almost certainly the case.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.