Help needed notifying UC I'm a student on PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Help needed notifying UC I'm a student on PIP

MaxRD Member Posts: 1 Listener
Sorry about the confusing title, just not sure how else to word it briefly. I have been tossing and turning this for months since getting UC early last year as I knew I would be going to university. 

I'm aware that usually University students cannot claim UC however I know that they can if they also have higher living rate of PIP (which I do).

They knew I was a college student last year but I've delayed on telling them I'm now at Uni until my finance came in. It did after I put in my monthly income for UC last month , so I'm anxious. I have to do it by journal as I'm unable to make phone calls , but I'm not sure what to say/type or if they even know I also get PIP. 

I've never used a forum before for this so I hope I've got this right. This is my first time handling benefits all by myself and I'm so overwhelmed.



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.