Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Pip change of circumstance. My award has gone down. How's this possible? What can I do?
I decided to do the lawful thing and notified dwp/pip that my medication had changed and new illnesses as well as old ones .. this entailed a new assessment….after asking for a copy of the report I’m shocked that my points had gone from 11 to 2 !! And 0 for mobility … how is this possible and where do I go from here … my pip was awarded till dec 2022 but now I’m scared they will just stop it all together .. all the original illnesses and conditions based on my original award are still there… but this one has basically not awarded me any points regarding mental health cause I don’t see a therapist/psychologist and all I said basically no proof and twisted the truth .. dwp say I have to wait for the official award which is 8wks waiting before I can do anything..I’m lost with this one that’s for sure!!
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 723 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.