Benefits (especially PIP), assessments and appeals in the age of Covid — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits (especially PIP), assessments and appeals in the age of Covid

Options
Florine
Florine Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I've been wondering over the last year or so what changes Covid-19 has brought about in relation to assessments, appeals and the like?  I'm assuming that, like everything else, the system has had to adapt, with less in the way of face-to-face assessments, appeals and so on and more being done remotely?  Will any changes continue once we have reverted to something approaching normality?
On a personal level, I keep thinking about the PIP appeal my caree went through shortly before Covid struck - given that she was housebound and unable to attend (and refused any sort of remote hearing/paper assessment), which adversely affected the decision she got.  It's too late to be of much use to her, but will others who are physically unable to attend assessments, tribunals and so on benefit, at least, from being able to be seen remotely?  If the technology is there and has been used, could they argue that they are being penalised if they aren't offered similar options in the future? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.