Got a copy of assessment report. How does the decision work? Do they go off report, or what I wrote? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got a copy of assessment report. How does the decision work? Do they go off report, or what I wrote?

LisaM92
LisaM92 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I'm new here. I recently made a first time claim on the 5th August and had my assessment nearly 2 weeks ago. I got a copy of my assessment report, im just wondering how does the decision work?, will they just go off what the assessor has put or will they take into consideration what I've wrote.. I did provide contact numbers etc of who has dealt with me over the past 2 years. I'm just constantly on edge now waiting for a decision x

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    The Decision Maker is supposed to review all of the evidence which includes everything you submitted and the assessment report. Although they ask for details of your GP etc they don’t usually contact them.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • LisaM92
    Thank you for your reply calcotti. I wrote down Names, addresses and numbers of the teams who had helped me, including my Gp details. On the report it shows she has recommended 10points for daily living and only 4 points mobility. Im just worrying about if the decision maker will go off that or can I still be refused. Ive provided as much evidence and information as I could x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    They do mostly go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it. All you can do is wait for the decision, which can be between 2-12 weeks. I must admit your claims process has been exceptionally quick up to now, we've had members that are still waiting several months after applying.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LisaM92
    Thank you so much for your reply poppy123456.  I'm new to all this pip stuff so everything is so confusing for me. I didnt realise my time scale was fast. X
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LisaM92 and thanks for joining the forum. So glad to see you're questions have been answered, but if you think of anything else you're unsure about please don't hesitate to ask.

Feel free to explore the forum if you'd like to, there's plenty of topics that might interest you :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.