Has anyone been successful with a LCWRA appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Has anyone been successful with a LCWRA appeal?

Janie1811
Janie1811 Member Posts: 10 Listener
edited November 23 in Universal Credit (UC)
As anyone been turned down for lcwra and appealed. Did anyone get a gud out cum. 

Comments

• Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,377

Scope community team

Hello @Janie1811

Thank you for posting your query, I'm sure that many of our members will have experienced this so hopefully you will receive some responses. 

Are you going through an appeal now? is that why you are asking this?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,664 Disability Gamechanger
    We've had lots of members that were either found fit for work or found to have LCW rather than LCWRA and gone all the way to Tribunal and won. You will mostly only hear bad stories on any forum. Whether you're found to have LCWRA will totally depend on how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,742 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I was turned down about 4 years ago and went to tribunal and won 

The process took over 14 months from first applying to tribunal and a further 7 weeks for backpay 

However the wait time for tribunals isn't as long now with them doing phone hearings 

Good luck don't give up 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.