Has anyone been successful with a LCWRA appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone been successful with a LCWRA appeal?

Options
Janie1811
Janie1811 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
As anyone been turned down for lcwra and appealed. Did anyone get a gud out cum. 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Janie1811

Thank you for posting your query, I'm sure that many of our members will have experienced this so hopefully you will receive some responses. 

Are you going through an appeal now? is that why you are asking this?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We've had lots of members that were either found fit for work or found to have LCW rather than LCWRA and gone all the way to Tribunal and won. You will mostly only hear bad stories on any forum. Whether you're found to have LCWRA will totally depend on how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I was turned down about 4 years ago and went to tribunal and won 

The process took over 14 months from first applying to tribunal and a further 7 weeks for backpay 

However the wait time for tribunals isn't as long now with them doing phone hearings 

Good luck don't give up 
  • Superbetty
    Superbetty Community member Posts: 448 Pioneering
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I was turned down about 4 years ago and went to tribunal and won 

The process took over 14 months from first applying to tribunal and a further 7 weeks for backpay 

However the wait time for tribunals isn't as long now with them doing phone hearings 

Good luck don't give up 
    Thank you for that, I just found out I was turned down, it is very hard for me at the moment, as my work just stopped paying me SSP, so I will be minus £400 from next month, and it literally scares me, as I cannot imagine how we will manage. It was hard already. What you said gives me hope that maybe oneday, the decision will be overturned:-)Thank you:-)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @Superbetty this is an old thread from 2021 you’ve commented on.

Im sorry to hear this. Were you found fit for work or LCW? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Superbetty
    Options
    I know it is an old thread, but I saw that person here, so thought I can still reply:-) No, it just says I might do some work:-)I find it funny, obviously not really.Not in the funny mood today. So no LCW. I am still planning to ask them to reconsider and then appeal, does not matter how long it will take. Right now I have nothing to lose really.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Janer sadly hasn’t been active since March. 

Yes, that means you were found fit for work. That’s very unfortunate because about 67% of people are found to have LCWRA. Few people are found fit for work. 

• Superbetty
    Options
    Gosh, I swear I saw her on chat!:-)Thanks for that:-)Probably some old threats again:-) And thank you for the link, I know quite a lot about it, still shocked that I was not awarded, but what can you do. I cannot just sit and cry, and I am not that type of person. Thank you again for your replies, tomorrow will definitely be a better day:-)Take care:-)
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Superbetty

I'm sorry to hear you were not awarded. If you need any support with the reconsideration, please don't hesitate to reach out <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.