Ole "Goner" Solskjaer — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Ole "Goner" Solskjaer

JustPete
JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 66 Connected
DISCLAIMER: I am not a Man Utd fan.

Was Solskjaer's sacking justified? 
How low can Man Uttd go, morally and in the league?  Relegation?
Are you laughing at their shoddy behaviour?
I am a Scope Volunteer.   I have knowledge about life! Additionally, but not limited to: living with a disability, employing personal assistants (requiring 24x7 care), education (having reached PhD level), sexuality (being gay) managing relationships having a disability (tricky), technology and assistive technology (being a geek), sport & leisure (being a Paralympian and on various committees whose purpose is to maximise inclusion at all levels), mental health (both through personal experience and supporting others), Arsenal Football Club (a necessary part of life).  If I can't help, I will endeavour to find somebody who can.

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you'll ever know." - Winnie The Pooh
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,675 Disability Gamechanger
    His sacking has been coming for a few weeks now, especially when they lost at home to city, if i'm honest I never thought he was a good appointment.
    I suppose the big question now id who will replace him?
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,464

Scope community team

As a Leeds fan, I wanted to see OGS stay in charge. I think it is the right decision, though I do wish that managers would be given as much time as possible to turn things around. 

The options for a replacement are much smaller than back in the summer, so it'll be interesting to see what they do next.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,842 Disability Gamechanger
    To the questions in turn.

Sacking justified? Yes, absolutely. Built the second most expensive squad in history; overseen young players cease progress then go backwards; no indication of turning anything around; same mistakes and nauseum. 

Can’t remember the name of the web site but the Football Writing Festival in Manchester highlighted 3 years ago that statistically United had hired a man who had conspicuously never managed above the equivalent of league ins before taking the Cardiff job. Every mistake he made in that job has been repeated in Manchester.  

How low can United go? Lower if Carrick is put in temporary charge. Morally? Not sure I understand the question. If a morality question is ti be aimed at anyone in the EPL right now then it would surely be Newcastle?

Relegation? Nope. Not a chance of it.

Laighing at their shoddy behaviour? No, what shoddy behaviour? 
  • JustPete
    JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 66 Connected
    hey @mikehughescq I knew football would provoke the most robust discussions on here :smiley:
    Are you watching the match tonight?
    I am a Scope Volunteer.   I have knowledge about life! Additionally, but not limited to: living with a disability, employing personal assistants (requiring 24x7 care), education (having reached PhD level), sexuality (being gay) managing relationships having a disability (tricky), technology and assistive technology (being a geek), sport & leisure (being a Paralympian and on various committees whose purpose is to maximise inclusion at all levels), mental health (both through personal experience and supporting others), Arsenal Football Club (a necessary part of life).  If I can't help, I will endeavour to find somebody who can.

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you'll ever know." - Winnie The Pooh
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Aww I thought he did a good job to be honest, what a shame to see him go. He was perfectly ruining manchester united. I don't like premiership football and only watch big games like the euro and world cup, but always had a special kind of hate for manchester united.

Lets hope they hire someone else who can ruin manchester united even more. (Fingers crossed)
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,842 Disability Gamechanger
    JustPete said:
    hey @mikehughescq I knew football would provoke the most robust discussions on here :smiley:
    Are you watching the match tonight?
    Watching my own team thanks.
  • Rosie2x
    Rosie2x Member Posts: 67 Connected
    @mikehughescq haha brilliant comment!
  • Rosie2x
    Rosie2x Member Posts: 67 Connected
    How is it Man U fans? How is it since he left?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.