Pip decision after receiving assessor report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision after receiving assessor report

Options

Comments

• danixxx
    danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
    Options
    Yes that am aware of but when is the cut of date ha it’s backdated from the start of the claim up untill when is my question ? @DuffersMum
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is unlikely the cut off period will be the date the decision was made because your first payment will be 4 weeks after you receive your backdated money. Everyone's cut off period will be different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danixxx
    Options
    So if I made a claim 31/08 and decision was made today (quick claim I suppose ) the cut of is today ?? 
    So confusing any examples for me to understand sorry 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    danixxx said:
    Is cut of usually the day the decision was made though ? @poppy123456
    I don't know how they arrive at the end date for the arrears payment but the answer to that question is no.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    danixxx said:
    So if I made a claim 31/08 and decision was made today (quick claim I suppose ) the cut of is today ?? 
    So confusing any examples for me to understand sorry 

As previously advised, it's different for everyone and it's unlikely you'll find an answer here. If you want to know how much money is going into to your bank exactly then only DWP can tell you this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    Not sure I actually understand the question...I continued receiving my standard rate mobility and daily living so the back payment I got was from when I put my change of circumstances in up to and including my next payment..four weeks after that I received my new enhanced for both payment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Basically what they are asking is how much backdated money they will receive. They started the claim at the end of August 2021 and they know it’s backdated to the date you rang but they don’t know what dates the backdated money will include.
     No one can tell them this because everyone’s cut off period is different. For them it’s 12 weeks up until 23/11/2021. Standard daily living award would give them about £720 backdated money, give or take. 
  • DuffersMum
    Options
    But it should all be explained in the decision letter..yes?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes exactly, which is what i advised in an earlier comment.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @DuffersMum, when you receive the official award notification letter the full details of your award details and length of award will be stated along with details of any monies owing from the application date to your award notification date and details of your next new PIP payment and the ongoing payments. I hope this is clear for you.
  • danixxx
    Options
    My question was very simple to be honest I was asking when the backdated payments were till 
    again I know they start from the date you made a claim but what date does the backdated payments end 
    is it the date you was awarded? 
    Or is it till the date you receive the payment am so on 
    i Thought someone would know 
    I will just wait for my award letter ha 
    sorry for the confusion 
  • danixxx
    Options
    Yes @poppy123456 that was what I meant 
    Thankyou 
  • DuffersMum
    Options
    wilko said:
    @DuffersMum, when you receive the official award notification letter the full details of your award details and length of award will be stated along with details of any monies owing from the application date to your award notification date and details of your next new PIP payment and the ongoing payments. I hope this is clear for you.
    I already knew all that, I was trying to explain that’s what happened when I got my arrears paid, but I obviously didn’t do it very well.. lol
  • poppy123456
    Options
    wilko said:
    I already knew all that, I was trying to explain that’s what happened when I got my arrears paid, but I obviously didn’t do it very well.. lol

You explained perfectly but some people don't read threads before commenting.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Well done @danixxx :). I can imagine you were relieved when you found out you had be awarded the appropriate payments. 

Did you manage to ring the DWP to find out more information about your payment dates?
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • danixxx
    Options
    Hi @Libby_Scope yes very happy Thankyou I haven’t called the wait time are to long suppose won’t be long till I get my letter now anyway 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    @danixxx I'm glad your happy about the decision :)

Okay, that makes sense and if you are concerned with the letter wait time, you can always try ringing them again and I'm sure they will be pleased to help you. 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • mariaaaa123
    mariaaaa123 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Got my decision letter @danixxx I scored 0 in every single category. I’m going to challenge it, it’s so disheartening but it is what it is 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mariaaaa123 I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of your PIP application, we are here if you need any extra support.

If you'd like, take a look at these resources to help prepare for a Mandatory Reconsideration: Turn2Us and Advicelocal 

Let us know how you get on, and if you need any help :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mariaaaa123
    mariaaaa123 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much @Alex_Scope I’ll have a look at those links. Do I just ring to tell them I want a MR? Sorry I’m a bit clueless about this, my first time applying for anything like this 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.