My hobbies and vegan - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My hobbies and vegan

Options
13»

Comments

• Ookpik
    Ookpik Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    Wow Libby,
    That is an amazing bit of artwork. How did your dad create that bit of driftwood into a red deer's antler without the velvet covering of course? l love it
    Nature has all the answers. All we have to do is listen, and peace will prevail
  • Ookpik
    Options
    l just finished another one. This one is about hummingbirds during the night.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks @Ookpik :) - my dad is very proud of his work and he should be as it's great and so creative! I'm not sure of the details and how he made it, but I can ask him when I'm next home and get back to you. 

That looks so pretty, I love hummingbirds. I assume when you paint, you have to layer a lot of the different sections of the art? So for example, you start with the sky/background and have to let that dry before painting the birds/butterflies?
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ookpik
    Options
    Hello Libby.
    What l do first is, spray it with a varnish spray. let that dry and the next stage is to plaster acrylic paint, blend it together and semi let that dry and blend some more. The final stage is to spray again with the varnish to protect the paint from fading.  l wasn't taught that, l just used my commonsense, and it always seem to work well
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options
    Oh wow, so there's quite a process involved in all of this! It looks great @Ookpik and once you've decorated a few more feathers, it would be great to see a picture of them altogether :) 
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ookpik
    Options
    l just finished another one. But this time, it is a smaller feather, with a hummingbird resting on a branch. I'm just waiting for it to dry before l can post the image on here. l am also waiting for the birds to shed some more feathers. l ran out of feathers. 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options
    Sounds great @Ookpik :) can't wait to see the other feathers that you produce :) 
    Scope

• Ookpik
    Options
    Here are the 3 feathers together.l put a penny at the side to make it easy to judge the size. l couldn't wait for the small feather to dry to take the photo. But, l carefully made sure the small feather wasn't smudged. Sorry, the lighting is not that good

• Libby_Alumni
    Options
    The lighting is great @Ookpik and they all look amazing :) I really like them all, but I think my favourite would have to be the smaller middle one. I love the blue colours on the feather!
    Scope

• Ookpik
    Options
    Thanks Libby.
    l also noticed by chance. That, when l hold these feathers up to the light. They shine through giving a 3 Dimension appearance. 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options
    Oh wow, how wonderful! I can imagine they look lovely in the light because of the glitter on them too :)
    Scope

• Ookpik
    edited January 2022
    Options
    l did another one. Amazingly,l found another large feather this morning. l think a bird had pity on me for running out of feathers and decided to shed one for me. Excuse the bad photo .lt does look a bit smudged. But the image looks a lot better in real life

• Ookpik
    Options
    l thought it would be a lot more interesting to view the 4 feathers together 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They look great as a set together @Ookpik :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.