Strange call from DWP re PIP - MR. Is it normal for them to ask me to confirm bank details? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange call from DWP re PIP - MR. Is it normal for them to ask me to confirm bank details?

Options
KG1234
KG1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had a MR in re PIP some 12 weeks. I had a phone call from them on Monday. They asked the mandatory security questions and then have you been in hospital etc over the past year. Then he said he had my bank account details in front of him could I confirm they were correct. We did this (he read them out I confirmed) and then he said that was all and off he went. Why would this happen, it seemed very strange. I did say is there any news and he said no a letter would be sent off to me asap. Is this not somewhat odd?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes usually I would agree with Mike but we have had a couple of members recently who were asked these questions but when the decision was made, it stayed the same. I’m not saying it could happen to you but just wanted to make you aware.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the community @KG1234 :) How are you doing today? 

I hope the above comments have put your mind at rest a bit. It's common for them to ask this question.

Best of luck with your MR! I hope it's not too long until you receive your decision letter.

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category. Please feel free to ask any further questions you may have, and let us know how you get on. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • KG1234
    Options
    Thank you all. My MR was successful, heard this morning.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations @KG1234, what fantastic news! :) I bet you are very relieved and what a great start to Friday. 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • KG1234
    Options
    Hi
    I had my award letter and have been awarded daily living PIP. I am so happy with this and it is indeed the right decision after a MR.   They have backdated it from March 15th 2021 the award is for 3 years and 5 months. I reach pension age in April of that year. The question. I was initially on income support at the start of this application and have since been moved onto UC, can I claim back premium payments for my award term from March on Income support to UC application or is this lost now?
    Many thanks in advance. It is indeed a wonderful site full of knowledge and support   
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    KG1234 said:..can I claim back premium payments for my award term from March on Income support to UC application ..
    Yes, you should be able to do that.
    If you were getting the Severe Disability Premium (SDP) in your IS, still met the conditions for SDP when you applied for UC and the UC applications was made within one month of the IS ending you should also ask UC to add an SDP transition element to the calculation of your UC entitlement (backdated to the start of your UC claim).
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Transitional-protection-Universal-Credit
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.