Strange call from DWP re PIP - MR. Is it normal for them to ask me to confirm bank details?
I have had a MR in re PIP some 12 weeks. I had a phone call from them on Monday. They asked the mandatory security questions and then have you been in hospital etc over the past year. Then he said he had my bank account details in front of him could I confirm they were correct. We did this (he read them out I confirmed) and then he said that was all and off he went. Why would this happen, it seemed very strange. I did say is there any news and he said no a letter would be sent off to me asap. Is this not somewhat odd?
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 542 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 959 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 259 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.9K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.7K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 616 Chronic pain and pain management
- 670 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 727 Autism and neurodiversity
- 875 Mental health and wellbeing
- 291 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.