Pip stopped. I submitted an MR. When can I expect to hear from them? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip stopped. I submitted an MR. When can I expect to hear from them?

Geraint1
Geraint1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening, My pip was stopped in September. I asked for a mandatory review of the decision. I was sent a text message saying, they had received my letter asking for a review.
But as, yet I have not heard anything from the decision makers. 
I had a telephone interview, and scored 0 points.
My question is “ when can I expect to hear from them ?  On a previous claim they closed the claim down,  as I had not been in contact. Do I need to remake contact again ? I can never get through anyway on the phone.
Any advice ?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    There is no timescale for deciding an MR, it can take several months. I have only recently received a decision on an MR submitted in July.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Just like @calcotti stated there is no set time limit on MRs. It may depend on their work load or looking at the evidence submitted for the MR who knows. In my own case having received the assessment report and seeing my award would be the same I set about preparing my MR and when the official award notification letter arrived I phoned the next day and requested  a MR I was offered a telephone consultation but I declined and informed the operator my MR was being posted that morning . It went second class recorded delivery and was received the next day 1330 hrs I wait till the following week rang DWP and they confirmed my zMR had been received and was being loaded onto the system 3 weeks later my new award notification letter arrived.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.