How long will the telephone assessment take? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long will the telephone assessment take?

Rainbowandsunshine
Rainbowandsunshine Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I am new here and first time poster.
Sorry if its the wrong place to post.
I have a Pip assessment in 3 Days,
Since I got the letter i have felt very sick and anxious, I don't answer the phone hardly ever and the pip assessment is over the phone, its making me feel  stressed and I struggle to explain how things affect me day to day..I am not one to talk about me
Because  Im so forgetful and anxious.
I've cried for the last 2 days because of its making me feel.

So what I am asking is how long does the call take ?
I have waited 23 weeks from sending my completed form back to getting the assessment?

Thank you ? sorry for ranting 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rainbowandsunshine and welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us. There's no need to apologise for making your post, you're very much welcomed to talk about how you feel and have a rant as you put it, if it helps you feel better.

This is a very supportive and welcoming place so you're absolutely amongst friends here, I'm sorry to hear that the assessment is causing you so much worry, though it's normal to be at least nervous about it. Have you considered making notes of the sort of things you want to say, or perhaps having somebody alongside you during the assessment if that would help you feel calmer?

There is no set length for the assessments and they can vary quite a bit, so I wouldn't really like to put a number on it and give you false expectations, but it's important that you take as much time as you need to answer any questions, and look after your well-being as much as possible throughout.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The assessment can take anything from 10 mins to over 2 hours each one is different and a lot depends on how well you completed the application form 

Have a copy of your application with you and read through it beforehand 

Maybe make some notes to remind you 

Don't just answer yes or no to the questions the best response is to tell them about a real example of what happens when you try and do the task 

Bear in mind you need to think about if you can do the task safety reliably and timely and the consequences of doing the task 

Good luck let us know how you get on  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.