A poem called not being able to sleep — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

A poem called not being able to sleep

Globster
Globster Community Co-Production Group, CP Network Posts: 1,042 Pioneering
A poem called not being able to sleep
My weary eyes were tired and felt very heavy.
As soon as my head hit the pillow I was unable to sleep.
I kept tossing and turning my bed.
I was feeling unrestful and unable to sleep.
The next day my eyes were feeling so tired
Which meant was not feeling on a high.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 880 Pioneering
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for sharing your poem with us. It is another really well-written poem! Do you relate to this poem? if so, I am really sorry to hear you are unable to sleep at the moment :( Do you know what normally helps you to sleep? For example, some people find writing before bed a useful way to get things out of their head and onto paper  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities, and assistive technology. Pronouns: She/her.
  • Globster
    Globster Community Co-Production Group, CP Network Posts: 1,042 Pioneering
    @L_Volunteer
    this poem is rated to me I might give writing ago before I appreciate your advice and tips on how to try and ger to [email protected]_Volunteer 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 880 Pioneering
    Hi @Globster

No worries at all. I think you have already made the first large step in recognising you are experiencing difficulties with sleeping at the moment. I would be more than happy to give you some advice and tips on how to sleep though. I also think Scope has a useful sleep support service! We are ready to help when you need us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities, and assistive technology. Pronouns: She/her.

Brightness

Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.