A poem called not being able to sleep — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A poem called not being able to sleep

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
A poem called not being able to sleep
My weary eyes were tired and felt very heavy.
As soon as my head hit the pillow I was unable to sleep.
I kept tossing and turning my bed.
I was feeling unrestful and unable to sleep.
The next day my eyes were feeling so tired
Which meant was not feeling on a high.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for sharing your poem with us. It is another really well-written poem! Do you relate to this poem? if so, I am really sorry to hear you are unable to sleep at the moment :( Do you know what normally helps you to sleep? For example, some people find writing before bed a useful way to get things out of their head and onto paper  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    this poem is rated to me I might give writing ago before I appreciate your advice and tips on how to try and ger to slept@L_Volunteer 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

No worries at all. I think you have already made the first large step in recognising you are experiencing difficulties with sleeping at the moment. I would be more than happy to give you some advice and tips on how to sleep though. I also think Scope has a useful sleep support service! We are ready to help when you need us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness