Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
We have two separate water bills for two people at the same flat, is it better to keep them separate
I moved into a flat with my best friend. He moved one month before me here. He did not pay any water bills before he moved where he lived before. I moved here one month later because of giving notice and previously at my old house I paid around £27 per month for water. He set up an account when he moved here with United Utilities for himself. I told United Utilities I was moving from my home to here on the 20/11/2021. Now we get two water bills in letters to this house and have two online accounts. Mine is to pay £26 per month and his is to pay £26 per month. I am not sure if we are supposed to get two separate bills, if it is possible to combine them so just he gets the combined bill (which if it is cheaper we would prefer), or if two separate bills would be cheaper and to keep them separate or combinming the bill would be cheaper. Or if United Utilities have made a mistake. Thank you.
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.