Awarded lcwra do you get backdated pay from your first sick note? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded lcwra do you get backdated pay from your first sick note?

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    First they need to do this..
    calcotti said:
    dandanx said:
    Hi I’m confused,my statement is on my portal today as I get paid on the 14th and all that’s there is one month of lcwra? No mention of anything owed to me 
    They need to recalculate all of your previous payments and then pay you the difference between that and what you were previously paid.
    Once that is done you'll receive a letter onto your journal telling you how much they owe you.
    As advised this often takes at least a few weeks.
    Did you put the message under the payment section? If you didn't, try that and you may get a reply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dandanx
    dandanx Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Options
  • dandanx
    Options
    Hi I’ve had this and I’m so confused the only payment I’ve had was the 343.43 yesterday as I was awarded lcwra in November,I rang them today as I’ve heard nothing regarding arrears and recieved this? I’ve been off with sick notes since last October so how can they only owe me 180? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to go through the statements on your journal to see when they have added the LCWRA element from. We concluded it should be from February or March depending on your assessment period dates and the exact date you reported the health condition. If the LCWRA element hasn’t been backdated that far you need to challenge it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • dandanx
    Options
    They have only done November and December?
  • calcotti
    Options
    Can you confirm what day of the month you get paid UC, what date you informed UC of your health condition and when you provided Fit Notes from?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • dandanx
    Options
    I get it on the 14th I was signed off work October 21st last year and had sick notes since,I filled the forms in June 19th this year as I was not told about it until then 
  • calcotti
    Options
    dandanx said:
    I get it on the 14th I was signed off work October 21st last year and had sick notes since,I filled the forms in June 19th this year as I was not told about it until then 
    I didn’t ask when you filled the forms in. I asked when you reported the health condition to UC, can you please give an exact date.
  • dandanx
    Options
    Wow ok lol my first sick note was October 21st last year 
  • calcotti
    Options
    dandanx said:
    Wow ok lol my first sick note was October 21st last year 
    You still haven’t answered the question. Was that the date you reported it to UC? I am not being picky, the date is important to determine when you should be getting the LCWRA element from.
  • dandanx
    Options
    What do you mean by reporting it? I have several health conditions and was signed off sick from work last October and sent uc my sick note then and continued too since on a monthly basis but like I said I only applied for lwcra in June 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sending your fit notes is not the same as reporting your health condition, which you would have needed to do on your journal, as in reporting a change of circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The question is, on your UC journal when did you first tell UC that you had health conditions that limit your ability to work.

If it was 21st October you should post a note on your journal (as a payment query)saying:

Please review your calculation of my arrears payment. I first reported by health conditions to you in October last year which was in my October to November assessment period. I understand that I should receive the LCWRA element from the fourth full assessment period after this and it should therefore be included from the February to March assessment period. 
  • dandanx
    Options
    I have never reported my health problems in my journal I was not aware I had to do this I’ve just always sent sick notes 
  • calcotti
    edited December 2021
    Options
    dandanx said:
    I have never reported my health problems in my journal I was not aware I had to do this I’ve just always sent sick notes 
    How did you send or report the sick notes? You said you filled in the form in June so do you know what triggered the issue of the form?
  • dandanx
    Options
    I sent all my sick notes through my journal I asked for the form in June as a friend advised me too 
  • calcotti
    Options
    dandanx said:
    I sent all my sick notes through my journal I asked for the form in June as a friend advised me too 
    If you sent them through your journal then you were reporting your health condition (I assume this was under the Report a Change section which gives you the opportunity to fill out details of your Fit Notes).

Post a note as suggested in my earlier post.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It seems like they have started the waiting period from June, rather than October because you didn't report your health condition like you should have.
  • dandanx
    Options
    I’ve put a note on my journal as my work coach was aware of my conditions from day one of me sending my sick notes nobody advised me to write it anywhere or fill forms in 
  • calcotti
    Options
    dandanx said:
    I’ve put a note on my journal as my work coach was aware of my conditions from day one of me sending my sick notes nobody advised me to write it anywhere or fill forms in 
    If the work coach was aware they should have reacted to them and initiate discussion the WCA. The suggested wording of the note is still OK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.